The City of Jamestown’s Department of Public Works is responsible for providing the following services:
- Road maintenance, Including:
- Paving operations
- Pothole repair
- Snow and ice removal
- Street cleaning
- Leaf pick-up
- Traffic signals, signs and traffic markings maintenance
- Design, management and construction supervision of all City projects. These projects include: street reconstruction, parks improvements, City owned facilities, and all other infrastructure projects.
- Administration and construction supervision of Street Right-of-way Work Permits, and administration of the City’s Sidewalk Rebate Program.
- Maintenance and updates of City maps and records.
- Maintenance of specification standards.
- Site plan review /approval.
- Engineering assistance to the general public.
- City-owned buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Fleet management.
In addition, the department provides other regulatory, planning and service functions.
- 2017 Street Improvements
- Where We Are Working Today
- Street Closures
- Yard Waste/Recycling
- Traffic Division
- Equipment Maintenance