TO – 2018 City Slo-Pitch League Managers
FROM -Julia Ciesla-Hanley, Recreation Coordinator
DATE – June 8, 2018
RE -Mid-Season Tournament Schedule/Bracket & New Sliding Rule
- 2018 Mid-Season Tournament Schedule-Brackets
- NEW RULE ABOUT SLIDING:
- A-Division is allowed to slide at home with no contact. If light contact is made with a fielder, it’s an out. If a player barrel/collides with a fielder, the player is ejected for the rest of the day.
- B-Division: NO SLIDING AT HOME.
- No sliding at home during Mid-Season Tournament.
- Rules Reminder regarding the signing of players
- Players can sign off one roster and sign onto another roster AS LONG AS THE PLAYER SITS OUT ONE WEEK OF SLO-PITCH GAMES. If the “sit out week” is rained out, the player has to sit out the next week of actual Slo-Pitch games. This can only happen PRIOR TO THE MID-SEASON TOURNAMENT (NO JUMPING teams after the Mid-Season Tourney).
- New players can be added at any time ONLY if they sign the contract/waiver on file in the City Parks and Recreation Department OR at the ball field in the presence of the umpire and opposing team manager prior to the game. Signed roster MUST then be turned into the Recreation Office the next business day – if not turned in, the PLAYER IS INELIGIBLE.
- A player must participate in one game to be eligible for the playoffs. (Major injuries will be taken into account). Active members of the Military are exempt from this rule. Both FIRST AND LAST NAMES must be used in scorebooks.
Assigning Umpire: Don Peterson 487-6191
League President: Steve Trapani 499-6887
A Division – Richard Allen 708-2239
B Division – Dave Gowan 490-1598
A-Bat – Steve Trapani, 211 W. Mosher St., Falconer 499-6887
Allen’s Floor & Install – Richard Allen, 336 East Main St., Falconer 708-2239
C27 Sports – William Covell, 132 Fulton St., Jamestown 640-2284
The Eagles – Brad Strickland, 2184 Willard St Ext, Jamestown 490-8632
Fractured B-W – Sebastian Hazeltine, 6037 West Lake Rd, Lot 28 Brocton 467-3679
GCFCU – Jaron Pollino, 11 Kelsey Pl, Jamestown 640-6436
Latinos – Jose Cruz, 41 W. 14th St., Jamestown 489-1391
Professional Finishing – Joe Lombardo, 53 Collins Ave., Jamestown 708-9551
B&B Catering – Sam Franchina, 126 Livingston Ave., Jamestown 708-7107
Bullfrog Hotel – Steven Creel, 208 Broadhead Ave., #1, Jamestown 489-1042
C&P Collision – Matt Simko, 28 Elm, Mayville 753-6653
Gamerz Haven – James Collins, 735 Park Ave.., Dunkirk 413-4214
Gametime – Shawn Savaree, 41 Van Buren, Jamestown 338-2244
Major League – John Pokoj, 75 Kinney St., Brocton 969-8757
Nervewreckers – Jose Robles, 44 W. 14th St., Jamestown 397-0837
Oddballs – Jason Pool, 46 Cedar Ave, #1, Jamestown 338-5221
Phonezone – William Cordero, 525 Foote Ave., Jamestown 488-0010
Riptide Rush – Charles Chapman, 5048 Luce Rd., Bemus Pt. 581-1004
Royals – Alfredo Rodriguez, 361 Foote Ave. #2, Jamestown 338-2078
Shockers – Scott Covert, 7 Butler St., Jamestown 483-5299
Shults of Warren – Zach Hallberg, 2829 Elmhurst Ave., Jamestown 720-0477
Yatt Fam – William Tapia, 19 Kipp St., #2, Jamestown 489-3585