A major responsibility of the DOD is maintaining the safety of the city’s housing and building stock. Housing inspectors and the building inspector work on a daily basis to ensure the safety of neighborhoods, business districts and industrial buildings through standard code enforcement.
The Department of Development also aids business owners, both small and large, with grant and low-interest loan programs in the hopes of creating jobs within the city. This department is also in charge of administering Community Development Block Grant and HOME Program funds.
The DOD includes the Jamestown Local Development Corporation (JLDC) and the Jamestown Urban Renewal Agency (JURA).
- Downtown Revitalization Initiative
- Fund for Downtown Programming
- RFP for 8 East Second Street
- Code Enforcement
- Vacant and Abandoned Property Prevention
- Demolition Program
- Urban Renewal Agency
- Local Development Corporation
- CDBG and HOME
- Zoning and Code Regulations
- Country View Estates