An important piece of identification when traveling to foreign countries, a passport may now be applied for at the Assessor’s Office in the Municipal Building between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Assessor’s Office is a certified Passport Acceptance agency. Photographs may still be acquired in the City Clerk’s Office, making the Municipal Building a one-stop, passport shop.
Most Passports applied for at the Assessor’s Office are issued and mailed directly to the applicant within 6 weeks.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Proof of Identity (photo identification)
- Two recent, identical, color passport photographs (photo services available in the Clerk’s Office)
- $135 for those 17 years of age and older
- $105 for those 16 years of age and younger
- Passport Photo – Adult $15.00
- Passport Photo – Student $ 7.50
- See form, available in the Assessor’s Office, for specific details.
- For more information, please visit the US Department of State web site at travel.state.gov/passport/.